Poker Run Boat Regatta
Registration begins on Thursday, August 1, 2019 and ends on Thursday, August 29, 2019. See centerlakes.org for sign up. If you decide to join the fun the day of the event, the fee is $25 and you can register at any host location with proper i.d. Registrants must be 18 years or older to participate.
The registration fee is $20.00 per person playing if paid by 8/29/2019. The fee is $25.00 per person the day of the event. The fee goes into the Poker Run Pot.
The Poker Run Pot is split, half going to the winner, and the remainder goes to the Center Lakes Association as a donation.
- This is a one-day event starting on Saturday, August 31, 2019 at Noon and ending at 5 pm.
- There is no participant meeting on Saturday morning.
- There is no shotgun start on Saturday morning.
- You should visit all 6 homes identified and located on the map what will be supplied upon registration in the event.
- Hosts homes are 3 on North Center Lake and 3 on South Center Lake. At each home you will receive a card in a sealed envelope which you will bring unopened to the Poker Table located at the Pizza Pub at 6:00 pm.
- There is no particular order to visit each home. The homes may have a fun surprise for you when you stop for your cards. Docks will be identified as a Poker Run stop.
- Envelopes with playing cards may only be opened at the Pizza Pub and participants assemble their 5-card poker hand and discards the extra card.
- A judge will determine the winner based on the Poker Rules below.
- Judge’s decisions are final.
POKER RULES (best poker hand of 5 cards)
- Straight Flush – All five cards of the same suit and in sequence, as the 6,7,8,9 and 10 of diamonds. Highest ranking straight flush is the 10, J, Q, K and Ace of one suit called a Royal Flush.
- 4 of a Kind – Such as four aces or four sixes, it does not matter what the fifth, unmatched card is.
- Full House – Three cards of one rank and two cards of another rank, such as 8,8,8,4,4.
- Flush – 5 cards of the same suit, but not all in the same sequence.
- Straight – Five cards in sequence, but not all of the same suit.
- 3 of a Kind – Three cards of the same rank such as 8, 8, 8, K, 3.
- 2 Pair – A hand with 2 pairs & the 2 pairs are of different ranks.
- Pair – A hand with two cards of equal rank
- High Card – Five cards which do not form any of the combinations listed above. Highest card wins.
Note: If five of a kind such as 5 queens does occur, it will beat all of the above combinations. Also, all ties will be handled by a team choice of either splitting the prize or higher cut of the deck.
- Poker Run Hand (Each)$20$200$0